UEA Policy Ambassadors
Every year dozens of policy changes affect Utah’s public schools but these changes don’t always result in the best outcomes for students and educators. Learn how YOU can influence policymaking to achieve better outcomes for students and the education profession by joining the UEA Policy Ambassador program.
The Policy Ambassador program is designed to:
- Build a cohort of trained educators to speak on policy issues.
- Develop and apply leadership skills to positively impact public education.
- Magnify educators voice in the policymaking process.
2023 Policy Ambassadors
This fall, 20 educators were selected as UEA Policy Ambassadors, and 6 educators were selected as Advanced Policy Ambassadors. The program launched with a Fall Retreat led by members of the UEA Legislative Team. Training focused on logistics of the legislative process and lobbying, developing leadership and advocacy skills to positively impact public education and learning to magnify educator voice in the policymaking process.
UEA Policy Ambassadors engage in a series of activities related to the 2023 legislative session. In addition to training at the Fall Retreat, Ambassadors will participate in a Legislative Preview meeting, attend UEA Educator Day on the Hill, speak with their elected representative and senator, attend legislative committee meetings and write about their experience for UEA’s Under the Dome webpage.
Congratulations to our 2023 UEA Advanced Policy Ambassadors!
Annette Croucher Washington
Brian Barnum Granite
Lauren Rich USDB
Christianna Hoyt Granite
Ashlyn Drew Tooele
Kristofer Work Jordan
Congratulations to our 2023 UEA
Rebecca Allen Canyons
Amy Antonini Davis
Brady Arnold-Diaz Granite
Julie Beane Canyons
Issachar Beh Murray
Aironn Bishop Millard
Jodie Burch Davis
Kirsten Federico Granite
Diane Flood Alpine
Jason Jones Davis
Stephanie Jones Alpine
Haley Kelly Granite
Mary Morgan Park City
Kathleen O’Donnell Granite
Nancy Peterson Salt Lake City
Jeff Saunders Tooele
Darci Shepherd Davis
Tami Supino Davis
Kristen Thomas Park City
Shelley Timothy Tooele
2022 Policy Ambassadors
Last year’s Policy Ambassadors
The 2022 Policy Ambassadors (click to view articles):
• Rebecca Becker, Behavior Specialist, Ogden
• Corby Briggs, Tech/Assistant Principal, North Sanpete
• Shelly DeWitt, School Psychologist, Tooele
• Anthony Dick, Math, Weber
• Rayann Hansen, School Counselor, Logan
• Layla Hardy, Science, Weber
• Alyse Hartley, Social Studies, Weber
• Jennifer Jenkins, Kindergarten/Reading Coach, Duchesne
• Camille Lund, 5th Grade, Weber
• Elinda Nedreberg, Language Arts/Theater, Tintic
• Brittney Nelson, 2nd Grade, Granite
• Rebecca Packard, Aspiring Educator, Westminster
• Ray Smalley, Agriculture, Weber
• Brittany Stull, Life Skills, Washington
• Kristofer Work, Art, Canyons
Recent Policy Ambassador Posts