UEA’s Summer Leadership Academy
UEA Summer Leadership Academy: Stronger Together
UEA Summer Leadership Academy is the primary leadership development course for leaders in the Utah Education Association. This conference is designed for state and local leaders to receive training on leadership skills, capacity building, important issues facing UEA members and other relevant topics.
The 2022 Summer Leadership Academy will be held Tuesday and Wednesday, June 14-15, at the Utah Cultural Celebration Center in West Valley City. If you are interested in participating, please register here.
We are STRONGER TOGETHER through:
- Governance – Are you a newly elected leader or NEA Representative Assembly delegate? Learn the essentials of your new role.
- Racial and Social Justice – Build your awareness and capacity around racial and social justice in education and learn about the need to teach the history you were not taught.
- Membership and Organizing – Recruit, reclaim, retain and engage members through organizing and learning about NEA grants to help your local association.
- Political Action – Have you considered running for office or want to influence your local school board races? Come learn how.
- Professional Growth – Social emotional intelligence and wellness of educators and students are key topics along with UEA programs to help you grow professionally.
- Communications – Learn how to turn any comment into a pro public education message, including using social media and common values in messaging.
SLA 2022 Resources:
- Sample Local Budget (Excel Spreadsheet)
- Local Association Budgets (PowerPoint)
- Code of Financial Ethics (Word Document)
- Grants, Grants & More Grants from NEA (PowerPoint)
Future Leadership Academy Dates
- June 13-14, 2023 (tentative)
2021 UEA Summer Leadership Academy
Leading the Change
After a hiatus in 2020 due to COVID, UEA Summer Leadership Academy returned in 2021, with a few modifications. This year’s event targeted leaders in their first year. It was held at two locations: Farmington and Richfield. UEA Leadership Academy is the primary leadership development program for elected leaders in the Utah Education Association and its local associations. The event in each location began with a pre-recorded video introduction by NEA President Becky Pringle and a welcome from UEA President Heidi Matthews.