As professionals, educators believe all students deserve honesty in education, and it is educators – not pundits or politicians – who will know how to best design age-appropriate lessons for students.
Unfortunately, some political rhetoric is undermining our ability to do our jobs and leaving many educators wondering how to teach students amid current public discourse. UEA has created this tool kit, which contains some best practices, FAQs and other tips, to help education professionals navigate these uncertain times.
- Know Your Rights, Utah (pdf)
- What Can I Say? What Can I Teach? – Best Practices (pdf)
- What Can I Say? What Can I Teach? – Frequently Asked Questions (pdf)
- Critical Race Theory and NEA – Frequently Asked Questions (pdf)
- Social Media – Best Practices (pdf)
Disclaimer: These publications are for informational purposes only and are not intended as a substitute for specific legal or other professional advice. If you have specific questions about your legal or contractual rights, contact your local UniServ director. This guidance will be updated periodically based on new information and guidance, so please refer back to this site for the most current information.What Can I Say (Best Practices) - UT