SALT LAKE CITY, UT — The Utah Education Association proudly announces Carly Maloney has been honored with the prestigious title of the 2024 Utah Teacher of the Year by the Utah State Board of Education. This distinction recognizes Carly’s remarkable contributions to education, her unwavering commitment to her students, and her outstanding leadership in the teaching profession.
As an Advanced Placement (AP) Psychology teacher at Viewmont High School in the Davis School District, Carly Maloney has consistently demonstrated excellence in education. Her passion for teaching, innovative pedagogical methods, and tireless dedication to creating an inclusive and nurturing classroom environment have set her apart as an exemplary educator.
Carly Maloney’s recognition as the Utah Teacher of the Year is a testament to her exceptional contributions to the field of education in Utah. Her dedication to molding her students’ future is commendable and reflects the highest standards of the teaching profession. As a member of the Davis Education Association and Utah Education Association, Carly exemplifies the commitment to educational excellence that the associations represent.
The Utah Teacher of the Year is expected to embody the highest standards of educational excellence, according to the Utah State School Board of Education, which presented the honor during a gala on October 5, 2023.
The ideal candidate should:
- Be an expert in their field, guiding students of diverse backgrounds and abilities toward academic excellence.
- Collaborate effectively with colleagues, students, and families to cultivate a culture of respect and success within the school.
- Foster a strong sense of community by connecting the classroom with critical stakeholders.
- Demonstrate leadership and innovation within and beyond the classroom, reflecting a commitment to lifelong learning.
- Possess the ability to express themselves engagingly and articulately.
The Utah Education Association extends its heartfelt congratulations to Carly for this well-deserved honor. Her dedication and commitment to teaching exemplify the best of Utah’s educators. Congratulations, Carly! DEA and UEA are proud of your achievement!