Ar/abl of the year program
Our Building Leaders, Association Representatives/Association Building Leaders, are the key to our organization’s growth and strength. The Organizing & Membership Capacity Building Committee (OMC) honors and shows appreciation for their work. Approved by the UEA House of Delegates, two awards were created; UEA AR/ABL of the Year and UEA AR/ABL Honorable Mention.
- The UEA AR/ABL of the Year winner will be given $250 cash prize, travel, and conference expenses paid to Summer Leadership Academy, and a commemorative plaque.
- The UEA AR/ABL Honorable Mention winner will be given a $50 gift and a commemorative plaque.
UEA AR/ABL of the Year Recipients
The 2022 UEA AR/ABL of the Year award winner is Darwin Deming from Nebo Education Association – Woodland Peaks UniServ.
The 2022 UEA AR/ABL of the Year Honorable Mention is Felicia Walton – Granite UniServ.
Nominations for the 2023 UEA AR/ABL of the Year are now OPEN.
Do you know an AR/ABL who tirelessly informs, organizes, and advocates for their peers and the teaching profession? Nominate them now for the Annual UEA AR/ABL of the Year Award.
The AR/ABL of the Year Award looks to:
- Recognize, at the state level that AR/ABLs are the cornerstone of our Association. It is the AR/ABL who is the conduit between our general membership and local and state leadership. As with all awards, there are many who do amazing work who do not receive formal recognition. It is important to recognize an exemplary AR/ABL in the state.
- Honor the work of a local leader who is supporting their school and Association’s growth and strength.
Selection Criteria and Process:
- The nominee must be a UEA member.
- The nominee must be a currently serving AR/ABL.
- The nominee must have provided outstanding service as an AR/ABL and be engaged in organizing and leadership activities that have had a school-wide impact.
- The award nominees are carefully considered by the UEA Organizing, Membership and Capacity Building Committee and awarded by the UEA Board of Directors. A winner is chosen and announced shortly after the meeting of the UEA Board of Directors in April. The awards are presented at the Summer Leadership Academy in June.
- OMC uses the following AR_ABL Of The Year Rubric when considering awards.
Nominations for the 2023 UEA AR/ABL of the Year award must be submitted by March 1 @ close of business (5 p.m.) Nominations received after this date will not be considered. Nominations are reviewed by OMC in their March meeting and recommendation for recipient will be made to the UEA Board of Directors in April.