Northern Utah UniServ
Jeanie was appointed to fill an unexpired term beginning April 1, 2018, representing Northern Utah UniServ on the UEA Board of Directors. She was duly elected in 2019 for a three-year term beginning July 2019. Northern Utah UniServ includes four local associations consisting of Box Elder, Cache, Logan and Rich School Districts.
- Has taught for over 20 years
- English Language Arts teacher at Mount Logan Middle School
- Currently teaching 6th Grade English Language Arts
- Association Representative (AR)/Association Building Leader(ABL)
- LEA Local President
- LEA Executive Board
- Northern UniServ Board
- Logan Delegate at UEA House of Delegates
- Utah Delegate at NEA Representative Assembly
- LEA Interest-Based Bargaining Team
- Has attended UEA Summer Leadership Academy and Bargaining Summits
What I learned about the UEA that surprised me:
I am always amazed at the difference our unified voices make.
What I value most about the Association:
I love being part of an Association that puts students at the heart of everything we do. I also value the voice I have as a member of that Association.
How members might begin to be more active in the Association:
Stay informed about the issues that pertain to education and be willing to speak up and tell your story.