Nominations for the 2023 UEA Excellence in Teaching Awards are open through March 15, 2023.
About the Awards
Excellence in Teaching Awards are presented each year to 10 Utah public school teachers whose efforts in the classroom have significantly impacted the life of an individual child or group of children. In 2023, 10 educators will each receive $1,500 and be honored at the Superstars in Education celebration June 13, 2023. The UEA has presented these awards since 2000.
Previous Award Winners
- View the 2022 Excellence in Teaching Award winners
- View the 2021 Excellence in Teaching Award winners
- View the 2020 Excellence in Teaching Award winners
Nominations are accepted for licensed educators currently employed in a Utah public school.
A selection committee that includes previous winners will review nominations following the nomination deadline. Winners will be notified by a UEA representative.
Nominations must be submitted or postmarked by March 15, 2023. Nominations received after this date will not be considered.
- Nominee must be a licensed educator who currently works in a Utah public school.
- Those nominating must use the official online nomination form (below) or complete and mail the printable nomination form (pdf).
- When submitting a paper nomination, please use no more than one additional page stapled to the nomination form.
- When submitting online, please use 1,000 words or less.
If you have questions, please contact:
• Meg Tanner, 801-417-0231, firstname.lastname@example.org
2023 UEA Excellence in Teaching Award Nomination Form
We encourage, support and celebrate the nomination of Black, Latin-/o/a/@/e/x, Asian American, Indigenous and Pacific Islander educators; as well as LGBTQIA+ educators, veterans, people living with disabilities and other educators with lived experience being part of marginalized communities.