Participants in the UEA Member Organizers (MO) program are trained in equity in our organization, membership growth, and mentorship. They are provided opportunities to engage with their local and state association and are invited to share their experiences with other UEA members and the Organizing and Membership Capacity Building Committee (OMC). Enrollment in the program is done by UniServ and local units. Program launches with an onboarding training in June for Member Organizers and wraps up mid March of next year. Applications for Member Organizers are made available to locals that are participating in the program.
2023-2024 Locals Participating:
- Alpine Education Association
- Davis Education Association
- Canyons Education Association
- Millard Education Association
- Park City Education Association
- Build a cohort of Member Organizer educators to speak on Association involvement.
- Develop and apply leadership skills to positively impact local association and state association.
- Build leadership skills and support early career educators through mentorship.
- Program launches with Member Organizing Onboarding Training | during UEA Summer Leadership Academy, June 14, 2023.
- A $900 stipend will be paid upon completion of all program activities.
- Up to 10 member organizers will be selected.
- Selected Member Organizers will have access to apply for a grant to support efforts in their local: Member Organizers Grant
The UEA is seeking Member Organizers for 2023-2024. To qualify for a stipend, all selected participants must:
- Participate in in-person Member Organizing Onboarding Training and final Debrief meetings.
- Have a passion for membership and supporting new hires and early career educators.
- Participate in trainings with Member Organizer team.
- Participate in local’s New Hire Orientation or school visits.
- Be willing to share experience with UEA’s OMC at one of their monthly meetings (ZOOM) or special meeting of the committee.
- Write up an article for UEA’s Blog.
Application deadline is Monday, May 30, 2023 at 5:30 p.m. Selected participants will be notified by June 8, 2023.
Member Organizer Messages
Participants in the UEA Member Organizers program are trained in issue organizing, are provided opportunities to engage with their local and state association and are invited to share their experiences with other UEA members and the Organizing and Membership Capacity Building Committee (OMC).
I am Becky Darling, Tooele Education Association Representative, and our district’s first New Member Organizer. I’m a later bloomer when it comes to teaching, starting my career in my late 30’s. I’ve been teaching in the only district I’ve known, Tooele County, for...
Submitted by Anne Jones and Apryl Beck, Alpine Education Association and UEA Member Organizers. Anne Jones here, first to share my experience in the Member Organizers Program. I have been teaching in the Alpine District for nine years teaching 5th grade at Highland...
Many educators see the UEA as an insurance policy. Educators pay in; the Association pays out. A quarter goes into a soda pop machine, and the correct soda comes out. However, in the event that the wrong soda falls out of that machine, one might become upset and kick...
Connect with your UniServ Director (UD) or UEA Office at 801-266-4461/800-594-8996
|April – May||Locals Enrollment | Application deadline and participants announced.|
|June||MO Onboarding Training @ Summer Leadership Academy | June 14, 2023|
|July||Membership and Organizing Training | July 13, 2023 4:30 – 6 p.m. (ZOOM)|
|September||Mentorship Training | September 14, 2023 4:30 – 6 p.m. (ZOOM)|
|January||Equity in UEA Training | January 18, 2024 4:30 – 6 p.m. (ZOOM)|
Final MO Debrief Meeting UEA Blog Write Up + OMC report
March 23, 202410 a.m. – 3 p.m. (UEA HQ)