Member Organizers Program
Participants in the UEA Member Organizers (MO) program are trained in equity in our organization, membership growth, and mentorship. They are provided opportunities to engage with their local and state association and are invited to share their experiences with other UEA members and the Organizing and Membership Capacity Building Committee (OMC). Enrollment in the program is done by UniServ and local units. Program launches with an onboarding training in June for Member Organizers and wraps up mid March of next year. Applications for Member Organizers are made available to locals that are participating in the program.
2022-2023 Locals Participating:
- ALPINE EDUCATION ASSOCIATION
- DAVIS EDUCATION ASSOCIATION
- GRANITE EDUCATION ASSOCIATION
- IRON COUNTY EDUCATION ASSOCIATION
- TOOELE EDUCATION ASSOCIATION
Locals are selected based on ability to:
- Have access to new hire list for new teacher orientation
- Have local presidents text Hustle new hire list
- Build a cohort of Member Organizer educators to speak on Association involvement.
- Develop and apply leadership skills to positively impact local association and state association.
- Build leadership skills and support early career educators through mentorship.
- Program launches with Member Organizing Onboarding Training | Wednesday, June 15, 2022 and wraps up mid March 2023.
- A $900 stipend will be paid upon completion of all program activities.
- Up to 10 member organizers will be selected.
The UEA is seeking Member Organizers for 2022-2023. To qualify for a stipend, all selected participants must:
- Participate in in-person Member Organizing Onboarding Training and final Debrief meetings.
- Have a passion for membership and supporting new hires and early career educators.
- Participate in trainings with Member Organizer team.
- Participate in local’s New Hire Orientation or school visits.
- Be willing to share experience with UEA’s OMC at one of their monthly meetings (ZOOM) or special meeting of the committee.
- Write up an article for UEA’s Blog.
Application deadline is Monday, May 30, 2022 at 5:30 p.m. Selected participants will be notified by June 8, 2022.
Member Organizer Messages
Participants in the UEA Member Organizers program are trained in issue organizing, are provided opportunities to engage with their local and state association and are invited to share their experiences with other UEA members and the Organizing and Membership Capacity Building Committee (OMC).
Connect with your UniServ Director (UD) or UEA Office at 801-266-4461/800-594-8996
|April – May||Locals Enrollment | Application deadline and participants announced.|
|June||MO Onboarding Training @ Summer Leadership Academy | June 15, 2022|
|July||Membership and Organizing Training | July 13, 2022 4:30 – 6 p.m. (ZOOM)|
|September||Mentorship Training | September 14, 2022 4:30 – 6 p.m. (ZOOM)|
|January||Equity in UEA Training | January 18, 2023 4:30 – 6 p.m. (ZOOM)|
Final MO Debrief Meeting UEA Blog Write Up + OMC report
March 18, 2023 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. (UEA HQ)