Activities in Chicago – July 2022
After investigating many state group activity options for attending the 2022 NEA Representative Assembly in person, we have elected to forego a coordinated event this year. There are many great evening activity options you can book on your own, including a White Sox baseball game (they play home games the evenings of July 4 and 5) or an evening river/lake cruise (the pier where this boat departs is a short 7-minute, 0.3 mile walk from the hotel).
Make the most of your time in Chicago with this list of recommended events, attractions, and restaurants from NEA:
Walking Tours –
- A good source of information: choosechicago.com/neighborhoods
- Don’t miss the Chicago Riverwalk stroll – chicagoriverwalk.us, free to the public 6 a.m.-11 p.m.
- Chicago Architecture Center architecture.org 111 E. Wacker Drive
Cruises/Boat Tours –
- Mercury Cruise Line mercurycruises.com $45/person (about a 7-minute walk from the Renaissance Hotel)
- Wendella Tours & Cruises wendellaboats.com/schedule-tickets/ $45-50/person
- Cubs @ Wrigley Field have a home game on Saturday, July 2 beginning at 5:10 p.m. prices vary/seat. ticketmaster.com/chicago-cubs-tickets/
- White Sox @ Guaranteed Rate Field have home games on July 4 and 5 beginning at 7:10 p.m. prices vary/seat. mlb.com/whitesox/tickets
Other Ideas –
- Skydeck Chicago at Willis Tower (Sears Tower) 233 S. Wacker Drive. Open until 10 p.m. Tickets available at www.theskydeck.com $32.50/person, must select entry time when purchasing.
- Theatre – www.chicagoplays.com or last-minute tickets available at www.hottix.org
- Prince: The Immersive Experience is a multisensory celebration of this musical genius – https://princetheexperience.com/
- Museums – www.choosechicago.com/things-to-do/museums-culture/
Shopping Centers –
- The Shops at North Bridge 520 North Michigan Avenue www.theshopsatnorthbridge.com
- Block 37 108N State St. www.blockthirtyseven.com
- Bye Bye Chicago 331 N Michigan Avenue 313-782-4317 (Souvenirs, etc.)