Michele was elected to a three-year term to represent Granite UniServ on the UEA Board of Directors, beginning on June 15, 2017.
- Mathematics Teacher, Level 4 in the Granite School District
- Five years of teaching experience
Association Leadership Experience
- Granite Education Association Board member for the last three years
- Active member of the Granite Political Action Committee (G-PAC)
- Building representative the last three years at Cyprus High School and Brockbank Junior High
What I learned about the UEA that surprised me:
I have been surprised at the focus UEA has made on not just supporting teachers, but elevating us and helping educators to hone our practice by providing enriching professional development and leadership development opportunities.
What I value most about the Association:
The Association gives me a community in which I can express my opinion, learn from my peers and create a shared vision that is then communicated clearly to politicians, school boards and the public about how to best educate our children. I value that the Association advocated for policies that will train, attract and retain excellent educators. I am proud to be a part of this collective voice.
How members might begin to be more active in the Association:
I started becoming more active by asking my building representative how I could help. Find something to participate in that you feel is doable and that you are passionate about.
Professional Development Reports
2018 NEA Leadership Summit (March 16-18)