Jody was appointed to fill an unexpired term beginning February 1, 2019, to represent the Jordan UniServ on the UEA Board of Directors. Jordan UniServ covers two locals consisting of Canyons and Jordan School Districts.
Currently a CTE Teacher of Digital Literacy and Business Office Specialist at South Jordan Middle School in the Jordan School District.
- 11 years teaching experience
- 2016 Teacher of the Year, Union Middle School
- CTE Department Chairperson, South Jordan Middle School and Union Middle School
- Building Leadership Team, South Jordan Middle School and Union Middle School
- Positive Behavioral Intervention & Support Committee, Union Middle School
- School Web-master, South Jordan Middle School
- School Community Council, South Jordan Middle School
- USBE Advisory Board for Digital Literacy
- USBE Advisory Board for Business Office Specialist
- Association Leadership Experience:
- A/R at Union Middle School
- District Advisory Committee
- Local Professional Improvement Committee
What I learned about the UEA that surprised me:
I was surprised at how easy it is to access information and answers. The people are knowledgeable and have my best interests in mind.
What I value most about the Association:
I value the security the Association provides me. They provide training opportunities, timely answers to my questions, and offer guidance when I need it.
How members might begin to be more active in the Association:
Attend classes and volunteer for assignments. The networking and educational opportunities are endless. Talk to your colleagues, neighbors, and friends about the positive aspects of the association.