Amy was appointed to fill an unexpired term beginning May 10, 2019, to represent the Color Country UniServ on the UEA Board of Directors.
Color Country UniServ covers six counties in southwest Utah. The six school districts associated with those counties are: Beaver Education Association, Garfield Education Association, Iron Education Association , Kane Education Association, Piute Education Association and Washington County Education Association.
First grade teacher at Coral Canyon Elementary School
Washington County School District
Years of Teaching Experience
Association Leadership Experience
- Oakland Unified School District (CA), 1997 - 2003
- Los Angeles Unified School District (CA), 2003 - 2004
- Washington County School District (UT), 2004 - present
- Association Representative (building rep) - Oakland Education Association
- Association Representative (AR) - Washington County Education Association
- Member - Negotiations/Bargaining Team, Washington County Education Association
- Executive Board Member - Washington County Education Association
- Vice President - Washington County Education Association
- President - Washington County Education Association
- Member - Color Country UniServ Council
- Member - Ethnic Minority Affairs Committee
- President of Council of Local PresidentsBargaining, Professional Rights and Responsibilities (BPR&R) Committee
- President - Council of Local Presidents
- Member – UEA Board of Directors
- Delegate - House of Delegates
- Delegate - NEA Representative Assembly (RA)
- Board Liaison - Budget and Audit Committee, UEA
- Member - New Business Item Committee of Utah State Caucus at the NEA Representative Assembly (RA)
- Floor Manager for Utah Delegation, NEA RA
What I learned about UEA that surprised me:
The incredible amount of time and work that members dedicate to our Association in the interest of supporting colleagues and making our profession better. The intensity, care, and genuine belief in what they are doing… it is staggering!
What I value most about the Association:
The absolute determination to represent members and make Utah schools better for students AND teachers - UEA doesn’t compromise on ideals and works in collaboration with so many others to make the vision a reality.
How members might begin to be more active in the Association:
Come to a 10-minute building meeting and see how much is happening - learn more about important issues that affect YOU and YOUR classroom!