Parent tips from the Utah Education Association
Technology – Computers
Computers let students travel around the world without ever leaving their desks at school or their homes. They can make learning easier and more fun, and learning how to use them will give your child many advantages in the future.
Want to help your child better understand computers and how they can ensure a quality education? Here are some tips from the U.S. Department of Education:
- Find out how computers are used at your child’s school.
- At school, can your child use the Internet? Are there safeguards or filters to prevent inappropriate use?
- If you don’t have a computer at home, find out if the local library or community center has computers your child can use to do homework and other school projects.
- Ask about the kind of work that your child is doing on the computer. Does it sound challenging? Is your child excited about learning on the computer?
- Take a computer class or learn how to use the computer to assist your child at home. Does the school, local library, or community center offer computer training for adults?
Parents & Community