Congratulations to our 2018 Award winners!
The 2018 UEA/doTERRA Excellence in Teaching Award
winners will be honored during the KeyBank Superstars in Education
banquet on May 18 at Thanksgiving Point in Lehi. Winning educators each receive $1,500 courtesy of doTERRA, a video profile courtesy of KUED, and recognition at the banquet. To reserve a seat at the Superstars in Education
banquet, contact Meg Tanner, meg.tanner@myUEA.org
UEA/doTERRA Excellence in Teaching award recipients for 2018 are (click name to view profile):
- Leandra Bambrick, third-grade teacher at Morningside Elementary School in Granite School District;
- Cassie Cox, English teacher at Two Rivers High School in Weber School District;
- Ben Everitt, fourth-grade teacher at Thunder Ridge Elementary School in Alpine School District;
- Nathan Holcomb, theater teacher at Hillside Middle School in Salt Lake City School District;
- Carol Huebner, math teacher at Pine View Middle School in Washington County School District;
- Rodney Hurd, social sciences teacher at North Sevier High School in Sevier School District;
- Claudette Rush, English teacher at Riverton High School in Jordan School District;
- Rickee Stewart, business teacher at Copper Hills High School in Jordan School District;
- Nicole Wallis, fifth-grade teacher at Bluff Elementary School in San Juan School District; and
- Chad Warnick, agriculture teacher at Delta High School in Millard School District.
In addition to recognizing the state’s outstanding educators, the UEA presented three 2018 Honor Roll awards for outstanding service to Utah public education:
Two additional awards were presented:
- Charles E. Bennett UEA Human and Civil Rights Award to Jackie Thompson, former coordinator of the Educational Equity Department in Davis School District.
- Elaine Tzourtzouklis Service to Association Award to Starleen Orullian, UniServ Director in the Granite UniServ. This is the first year this award is being presented.
About the Awards
The Excellence in Teaching Awards are presented each year to Utah public school teachers whose efforts in the classroom have significantly impacted the life of an individual child or group of children.
Nominations are accepted for licensed educators who are currently working in a Utah public school.
A selection committee that includes previous award winners will review nominations following the nomination deadline.
Winners of the 2018 Excellence in Teaching Awards have been selected. KUED will film winners for their video profile in early 2018. Awards will be presented at the KeyBank Superstars in Education banquet in May 2018. Nomination information for the 2019 awards will be posted here prior to the due in December 2018.
- Nominee must be a licensed educator who currently works in a Utah public school.
- Those nominating must use the official online nomination form or a printed nomination form (PDF).
- If submitting a paper nomination, please use no more than one typewritten page stapled to the nomination form. If submitting online, use 1,000 words or less, as instructed.
- If you have questions, contact Mike Kelley, (801) 266-4461, ext. 101, mike.kelley@myUEA.org.
In 2018, 10 educators each received a $1,500 cash award courtesy of doTERRA. The 2018 awards were presented at the KeyBank Superstars in Education celebration on May 18, at Thanksgiving Point in Lehi.
For Professional Educators
Excellence in Teaching Awards
With Support from: