Sonia was elected as the Ethnic Minority representative on the UEA Board of Directors for a three-year term beginning July 2014.
- Spanish Teacher at Logan High School in Logan School District.
- Eleven years teaching experience.
- Currently serving on the UEA Human & Civil Rights Committee.
Association Leadership Experience:
- Association Representative (AR) for three years.
- Local board of directors for two years.
What I learned about UEA that surprised me:
"It is amazing to witness how passionate and dedicated teachers are when it comes to public education."
What I value most about the Association:
I value UEA's mission statement: "...to advance the cause of public education in partnership with others: strengthen the teaching profession, promote quality schools for Utah's children and advocate the well-being of members."
How members might begin to be more active:
"It's essential for members and nonmembers to do research on their professional association in order to be informed."