Mike was elected to a three-year term to represent the Granite UniServ on the UEA Board of Directors beginning July 2014.
- Resource teacher at Woodstock Elementary in Granite School District
- 19 years teaching experience
- Served Granite Education Association as:
- Board member (on and off) since 2001
- GEA vice president for four years (2009-2013)
- Currently servicing as one of UEA's representatives on the Utah Retirement Systems Membership Council
What I learned about UEA that surprised me:
"I am constantly amazed by the amount of time that teachers are volunteering behind the scenes for Utah students and Utah public schools."
What I value most about the Association:
"The chance to work with such dedicated, energetic people is what I value most about my UEA experience."
How members might begin to be more active in the Association:
"If you are concerned about something, chances are good that other teachers are already working on your issue. Ask how you can help."