Marjean was appointed to fill an unexpired term on February 5, 2016 for the remainder of this year to represent the Ogden-Weber UniServ
on the UEA Board of Directors. In April 2016, she was elected by the membership to serve a three-year term beginning July 15, 2016.
Ogden-Weber UniServ covers two locals consisting of the Ogden and Weber School Districts.
- Currently teaching 5th grade in Weber School District.
- Been teaching for 11 years.
- Has been an Association Representative for six years
- Attended Summer Leadership Academy two years
- Attended the NEA Representative Assembly two years
- Attended the NEA Leadership training in Washington, D.C.
- The WEA Elementary Representative for four years
- Teacher Leadership Initiative
- Other assignments: WEA Elections chair
What I Learned about UEA that surprised me:
"I learned how fun they can make this hard work."
What I value most about the Association:
"I value the professionalism I see with the Association."
How members might begin to be more active in the Association:
"The members would be more active if they weren't so exhausted with the responsibilities of teaching."