Ed was elected to a three-year term as NEA State Director beginning July 2015. He is a voting member of the UEA Board of Directors and serves as a member of the UEA Budget and Audit Committee.
- Drafting teacher at Lone Peak and American Fork High Schools in Alpine School District.
- 30 years in the Design Drafting industry.
- 16 years teaching experience
- 23 years of involvement in community politics including a 4-year stint as Mayor of Pleasant Grove.
- Served as Association Representative for three years.
- Served on the UEA Political Action Committee.
What I value most about the Association:
"The Association supports everyone in the State as well as providing current information that we all need. They fight for all of us as we deal with the State Legislature."
How members might begin to be more active in the Association:
"Members need to step up and get involved in their local Associations to build better and stronger relationships with their school boards, administrators, and fellow teachers."