Dan was elected to a three-year term to represent the Davis UniServ
on the UEA Board of Directors beginning July 16, 2016.
- Mathematics/statistics teacher at Clearfield High School in Davis School District
- 29 years teaching experience
Association Leadership Experience
- Association representative (AR) for more than 20 years
- Davis Education Association Board of Directors for four years
- Davis Education Association Organizing and Membership Capacity Building (OMC) chair for two years
- UEA OMC co-chair for one year
What I learned about the UEA that surprised me:
The Association brings professionals together to strengthen their profession, to improve student learning, and to give teachers voice.
What I value most about the Association:
The Association truly represents the concerns of classroom teachers and addresses the issues that impact each teacher's ability to create powerful learning environments in their classroom. Teachers are in the best position to see the needs and propose solutions to create a great education for each student. In this association members create the goals and give direction to leadership.
How members might begin to be more active in the Association:
When you have ideas for improvement or concerns don't remain silent. Visit with other members in your school and from a community where solutions can be generated and problems solved. As we get involved in the Association we see that our efforts are multiplied and great things happen. It is always gratifying to know that you were able to make a difference.